Teach outdoor environmental education classes during residential programs for students ages 7-16; Blue Ridge prides itself on meeting the needs of our schools by meeting the Georgia Performance Standards
• Maintain teaching materials and spaces
• Provide care for ambassador animals housed in the nature center
• Facilitate outdoor adventure programs such as high ropes and climbing walls with child and adult groups
• Lead adventure programs such as rock climbing and backpacking
• Some weekend work required
• Opportunities available for curriculum development for experienced employees. Blue Ridge prides itself on meeting the needs of our schools by meeting the Georgia Performance Standards.
• BS or BA required. Preference given to those with majors in biology, natural sciences, or related field. Knowledge of wetland, stream and forest ecology.
• Residential program experience and knowledge of Georgia ecosystems preferred.
• Applicant should be dynamic and have a sincere interest in working with kids of all ages and learning about the natural world.
Blue Ridge Outdoor Education Center, part of Mikell Camp and Conference Center, in
Toccoa, GA is seeking committed, energetic, and community-oriented individuals to join our Spring 2023 outdoor education team. We provide day and overnight education and adventure programs to visitors. Our 468 acre campus, set in the Yearwood Valley near the Chattahoochee
National Forest, surrounded by forested ridge lines with streams and waterfalls. Blue Ridge OEC is perfectly situated to take full advantage of this unique ecological area and provide diverse and exciting education and outdoor experiences to learners of all ages.
Spring 2023 Season: February 15, 2023 - May 19, 2023 (potentially May 26 depending on scheduling) *Dates are tentative based on our seasonal schedules*
$375-$400/week DOE plus room & board and catastrophic health insurance
• Paid two week training in education and adventure programming
• Paid First Aid, CPR, and high ropes training provided
• Paid training in Project Wet, Project Wild, or Project Learning Tree
Extensions on seasonal employment are potentially available to interested employees
A limited number of internships are available for candidates without a bachelor’s degree. The stipend is $300.00 per week plus room & board.
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter, resume, and 3 references with contact information to
Becca Frowine at firstname.lastname@example.org