The Property Insurance Association of Louisiana (PIAL) is currently looking for a talented, creative, growth minded individual that can assist with making a difference at PIAL and its member companies and their agents. PIAL is a private, non-profit association which has been in continuous operation for more than 130 years.
PIAL strives to empower faster and smarter decisions by providing unparalleled employee and member experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology, and mobile app development.
If you’re interested in having the freedom to innovate and do amazing things, then join our team. PIAL is open to remote work and flexible hours.
The GIS Specialist is responsible for reviewing legal descriptions and legacy files to create, edit vertices, parcel fabrics, and building footprints to ensure Municipality boundaries. Identify, research, and resolve geospatial discrepancies (boundaries, road network, parcels, building footprints, water sources, for the Municipal and Pricing division. Maintains operational standards and quality control for capture and distribution of spatial data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for updating the RAPID geodatabase, including but not limited to data entry, data creation, and data management for all incoming geospatial data received for grading and rate promulgation.
• Direct or conduct various types of geospatial research including boundary, topographic, IS, subdivisions, drive polygons, road networks, survey drawings, Right-of-Way (ROW) plans/designs etc.
• Interpreting and mapping legal descriptions for Louisiana fire districts. Review descriptions of municipalities for use in deeds, leases, or other legal documents. Interpret and verify the accuracy of boundary data including measurements, calculations, and analysis for assignments.
• Prepare all geospatial data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to the boundaries. Compute horizontal and vertical positions of buildings, streets, curbs, etc. for drive polygons. Maintain and upload points, polygons, features, lines, and coordinates information.
• Research and organize data from external resources for GIS data entry. Search legal records, survey records, and land titles to obtain property information. Ability to perform a variety of computations for traverse, record plats, boundary edits, etc.
• Perform quality control/quality assurance reviews to ensure technical accuracy and thoroughness of findings, discrepancies, results, and recommendations.
• Demonstrate thorough knowledge of the most advanced and complex methodologies to resolve boundary discrepancies for buildings and municipalities, conduct research and renew public works and government records, and address more difficult analysis of assigned graded area.
• Assist GIS Analyst as well as internal and external PIAL staff, including division managers, on developing new or updated GEO applications and processes for the organization.
• Assist with mapping and information requests as needed.
• Attend various meetings, seminars, and/or training classes.
• Perform other duties, as needed.
• Reports directly to the Technology Division Manager.
Complexity, Creativity, and Analysis in Key Areas:
• Must be able to apply independent judgment when necessary
• Must be able to effectively prioritize work assignments
• Must have ability to identify, isolate, analyze, and resolve problems, and escalate when necessary
• Experience working with Esri ArcGIS, preferably Advanced Level ArcPro, ArcGIS Online, Collector for ArcGIS, Survey123 for ArcGIS, Network Analysis, Portal
• Working knowledge of programming in SQL and Python
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
• Good written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to use independent judgment to manage projects and oversee preparation of geospatial data
• Ability to compile, review, and reconcile data for accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• A Bachelor’s degree of Science in Geography or Environment Science; or three - four years of current related experience and/or training in cartography; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Familiar with geography and topography of Louisiana
Health, Vision, Dental Insurance, 401k, Paid Time Off
Please send resumes to email@example.com