The Property Insurance Association of Louisiana (PIAL) is currently looking for a talented, creative, growth minded individual that can assist with making a difference at PIAL and its member companies and their agents. PIAL is a private, non-profit association which has been in continuous operation for more than 130 years.
PIAL strives to empower faster and smarter decisions by providing unparalleled employee and member experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology, and mobile app development.
If you’re interested in having the freedom to innovate and do amazing things, then join our team. PIAL is open to remote work and flexible hours.
The GIS Tech is responsible for performing geospatial data validation, editing and processing tasks relating to the development of GIS databases. Reviewing of legal descriptions and legacy files to ensure accurate representation of spatial data. Using GIS data, applications, and tools to identify potential spatial issues for the Municipal and Pricing departments. Maintains operational standards and quality control for capture and distribution of spatial data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Handle incoming calls, walk-ins, GIS mail, as well as make outbound calls, draft emails and correspondence letters requesting missing GIS Data, with legal descriptions being a central focus.
• Maintain and upload points, polygons, features, lines, and latitude and longitude information based on legal descriptions.
• Responsible for managing daily activities on the GIS database; which includes but is not limited to data entry and standardization, data management, and generation of maps.
• Edit spatial and tabular data based on legal descriptions.
• Identify advancements to processes and procedures within a project
• Provide technical and informational assistance to the GIS Analyst as well as internal and external PIAL staff
• Adhere to quality control procedures.
• Reports directly to the Technology Division Manager.
Complexity, Creativity, and Analysis in Key Areas:
• Must be able to apply independent judgment when necessary
• Must be able to effectively prioritize work assignments
• Must have ability to identify, isolate, analyze, and resolve problems, and escalate when necessary
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Technical expertise in the areas of Geography, Photogrammetry, Cartography, Imagery Analysis, GIS, Surveying and Civil Engineering.
• Good written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision.
• Ability to meet project deadlines.
• Ability to compile, review, and reconcile data for accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• An Associate degree in Geography with one year of working experience, or a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or three to four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proficient with ESRI Enterprise, Portal, ArcGIS Pro, and ArcMap
• Familiar with geography and topography of Louisiana
Health, Vision, Dental Insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org