The Program Manager supervises the Freshwater Biodiversity Program, which is responsible for surveys, monitoring, outreach and conservation for rare aquatic species throughout the state. The Program Manager supervises staff, ensures that reporting deadlines are met, and provides opportunities for training and professional development. Working with internal and external partners, the Program Manager will coordinate environmental review of projects that may impact rare aquatic species. Outreach responsibilities include management of aquatic species profiles on the Georgia Biodiversity Portal, development of content for weekly and annual reports, and staffing public outreach events. The Program Manager will help guide revision and implementation of Georgia's State Wildlife Action Plan as it relates to the conservation of aquatic species and habitats.
Bachelor’s degree in biology, zoology, fisheries management, wildlife management or a natural resources related field from an accredited college or university AND Two years of related natural resources experience at a supervisory/management level OR One year of experience required at the lower level Mgr. 1 (Natural Resources (NRM040) or position equivalent.
1. Managing survey and research projects for freshwater aquatic species in the southeastern United States, including freshwater fishes, freshwater mussels, and crayfishes.
2. Environmental review of projects impacting aquatic species, including transportation, wastewater treatment, water supply and hydropower projects.
3. Conservation planning for aquatic species and habitats at a state or regional scale.
4. Supervision of personnel working in outdoor environments, labs, and in an office setting.
5. Managing grants, including grant application, management of subawards, and reporting.
6. Working knowledge of Georgia DNR policies and procedures related to purchasing, personnel actions, and performance management.
Position # 00099782
Job Code NRM041
Application: Download an application for employment at https://gadnr.org/careers/ and submit the completed application to the e-mail address highlighted below. Alternatively, a completed paper copy can be mailed to the following address:
Georgia Department of Natural Resources
Wildlife Resources Division
ATTN: Recruitment and Selection
2067 US Hwy, 278, SE
Social Circle, GA 30025