· Safely complete all essential work functions in your area.
· Promote all ArborGen seedling products to forestry consultants, private forest landowners, and tree planters.
· Basic understanding of reforestation best practices such as seedling care, seedling handling, and tree planting fundamentals.
· General knowledge of tree improvement, forestry growth and yield concepts, sampling, forest finance, and forest soils.
· Ability to discuss general site preparation guidelines and implications of stocking rate options as related to local forest product markets.
· Candidate must have strong communication skills and the desire to address audiences with technical presentations both indoors and in field settings.
· Ability to troubleshoot out-planted seedling survival or nutrition issues in a constructive manner with ArborGen personnel and clients.
· Coordinate with nursery team to ensure on time seedling deliveries.
· Track competitive information intelligence in region.
· Focus on growing market share and increasing profitability.
· Adhere to budget guidelines.
· Forecast and execute territory sales plan and support fellow Reforestation Advisors on overall sales goal.
· Work closely with Director of Marketing for website enhancement, assistance with email newsletter articles, and providing field photos.
· Self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently on a frequent basis.
· Department: Frequent to daily interaction with Sales Manager. Frequent interaction with peers in the immediate Regional Sales Team. Regular interaction with peers in other groups within the department. Frequent interaction with Nurseries.
· Company: Regular interaction with peers in Product Development as related to current and future products. Participation in review sessions with Product Development and Product Launch Teams.
· Outside Company: Extensive relationships and frequent contact with customers. Participation in outside conferences and trade shows.
· Bachelor’s degree in Forestry preferred, Agribusiness or related field.
· 5 years of forestry (preferred) or related experience, ability to build on strong communication skills to leverage relationships.
· Experience managing customer issues/CRM.
· Necessary computer skills include: Microsoft Office Suite and SAP B1 software.
· This position requires the ability to lift up to 30 pounds; work may involve climbing, stooping, crouching, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting and grasping; worker is subject to inside and outside environment, noise, vibration, working hazards, fumes, odors, dust, gasses and chemicals; normal visual acuity is required; requires hearing sufficient to perceive noises for diagnostic purposes.
· Will require work in the field such as evaluating planting sites with customers, and including seedling survival estimation by traversing reforestation sites to install and measure plots.
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally for up to two week periods.
or contact Robin Knight at firstname.lastname@example.org